250 gms Puff Pastry
1 Liter Milk
200 ml Cream
5-6 Green Cardamoms
1 tbsp Butter
½ Cup Sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
2-3 tbsp Raisins
2-3 tbsp Almonds
2 tbsp Pistachio
1 & ½ tsp Sesame seeds
1 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
A grand deluxe Egyptian dessert is a unique bread pudding made from flaky pastries. This traditional Egyptian delicacy has been passed down through generations and is prepared by layering flaky pastry sheets, nuts, and creamy sweetened milk. This regal and delightful dessert is an indulgence fit for royalty.
Here’s the recipe for this super indulgent and heavenly Egyptian dessert;
- Grease the baking tray with melted butter.
- Place puff pastry and brush with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- In a pot, add milk, cream, sugar, and cardamom.
- Whisk well and bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Set aside.
- Break the puff pastry into pieces.
- In a separate baking dish add puff pastries.
- Sprinkle nuts, sesame seeds, and coconut over pastries.
- Pour boiled over the pastries and nuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and walnuts.