2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
6 tbps Unsalted ButterCold
¾ Cup ButtermilkCold
Homemade Buttermilk biscuits are a warm comfort that boasts a heavenly fluffy texture and a rich, buttery flavor that leaves you craving more. These simple-to-make and utterly delicious, buttermilk biscuits are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even as a scrumptious side to your favorite meals.
Here’s the recipe for these super indulgent and satisfying homemade buttermilk biscuits;
- Preheat the oven to 450°F or 232°C.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Set aside
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. (Flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt)
- Cut butter into flour mixture with the help of a pastry cutter OR use a food processor.
- Mix butter in dry ingredients until the mixture resembles crumbs. (for about 5 min)
- Pour cold buttermilk into the mixture.
- Stir until combined. (Don’t overwork your dough)
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface.
- Pat together into a rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in thirds.
- Turn the dough a half turn, gather any crumbs, and flatten it back into a rectangle.
- Repeat folding and pressing dough at least three times.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to about ½ inch thick.
- Cut out 12 biscuits using a 2½-inch round biscuit cutter.
(Note: Don’t twist your cutter. Just cut the dough straight down and pull the cutter right back out.)
- Arrange the biscuits on the baking sheet touching each other.
- Brush the top of each biscuit with buttermilk.
- Bake at 450°F or 232°C for about 15-17 mins or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with jam, gravy, Nutella, or sauce.