1 Cup Daal Mash
¼ tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Salt
1 Pinch Asafoetida(Hing)
2 Cups Yogurt
2 tbsp. Cumin (Zeera)Roasted and Crushed
2 tbsp. Red Pepper FlakesRoasted
This delicious creamy yogurt based Dahi Baray is one of the favorite Pakistani side dishes also served as an evening snack or appetizer.
Here’s the recipe for this temptingly toothsome Dahi Baray;
- Soak daal mash for 2-4hrs.
- Blend to a paste.
- Add baking soda, salt and asafetida.
- Mix well and let rest for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Drop about 1 tbsp. batter into oil forming a patty shaped dumpling.
- Fry until golden.
- Soak in water until soft.
- Strain and squeeze excess water using your palms. (do not over squeeze or break the patties)
- Whisk yogurt and add about 3-4 tbsp. water to adjust the consistency.
- Place the patties in a serving dish.
- Pour on the whisked yogurt.
- Sprinkle some cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Enjoy with tamarind chutney and some crisps.