1 Cup Daal Moong
½ tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Saltor acc. to taste
1 tspn. Red Pepper Powder
2 Cups Yogurt
¼ Cup Cream
2 tsp. SugarOptional
1 tspn. Chat Masalaor acc. to taste
Here’s the recipe for the delicious spicy tangy and creamy Malai Dahi Baray from Burns Road, a famous food street of Karachi;
- Wash and let soak Dal Moong for 3-4 hrs.
- Drain water and blend to a fine paste.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add salt ,red chilli powder and baking soda.
- Whisk well until smooth.
- Let rest for 30 mins.
- Whisk yogurt, cream, salt n sugar in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Drop a spoonful of lentil batter in hot oil.
- Fry until golden.
- Let soak in water until soft.
- Strain and squeeze out excess water.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Pour on the prepared yogurt cream mixture.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and papri.