500 gms. Okra (Bhindi)
1\4 Cup Oil
4 Green ChiliesChopped
1 tsp. Salt(or acc. to taste)
2 tsp. Ginger Paste
1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 tsp. Amchur (Dried Mango Powder)
1 tsp. Cumin (Zeera)
1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
A simple and classic North Indian veg dish prepared by stir-frying Okra (bhindi) with onions, tomato, and some spices. This easy-to-prepare delicious and flavorsome Masala Bhindi is best served with Chapatis.
Here’s the recipe for this delicious and flavorsome Masala Bhindi;
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Add cumin, ginger paste, and tomatoes.
- Sauté and let cook on medium-low flame until tomatoes are soft.
- Add okra (bhindi), red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, amchur, and salt.
- Sauté for 5 mins.
- Cover and let simmer for 5-7 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Sprinkle some green chilies.
- Let simmer on low flame for 2-3 mins.
- Serve with hot chapatis.