500 gms. Okra (Bhindi)
1\4 Cup Oil
4 Green ChiliesChopped
1 tsp. Salt(or acc. to taste)
2 tsp. Ginger Paste
1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 tsp. Amchur (Dried Mango Powder)
1 tsp. Cumin (Zeera)
1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
A simple and classic North Indian veg dish prepared by stir frying Okra (bhindi) with onions, tomato and some spices. This easy to prepare delicious and flavorsome Masala Bhindi is best served with Chapatis.
Here’s the recipe for this delicious and flavorsome Masala Bhindi;
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Add cumin, ginger paste and tomatoes.
- Sauté and let cook on medium-low flame until tomatoes are soft.
- Add okra (bhindi), red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, amchur and salt.
- Sauté for 5 mins.
- Cover and let simmer for 5-7 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Sprinkle some green chilies.
- Let simmer on low flame for 2-3 mins.
- Serve with hot chapatis.