4 oz. PotatoesBoiled and Cubed
4 oz. Peas (Mattar)Blanched
1 OnionsFinely Chopped
2-3 Green ChiliesFinely Chopped
½ -inch GingerFinely Chopped
2 tbsp. Fresh CorianderFinely Chopped
½ tsp. Mustard Seeds
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
½ tsp. Garam Masala Powder
½ tsp. Saltacc. to taste
2 tsp. Lemon juice
A simple classic and a very common Indian street snack. These deliciously flavorful easy to make crisp little appetizers have a perfect combination of well flavored potato pea filling. These toothsome Aloo Matar Samosas can be served as a snack, starter or an appetizer.
Here’s the recipe for these delicious Aloo Matar Samosas;
- Heat 1-2 tbsp. oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds.
- Wait until it crackles.
- Add onion and fry until golden.
- Add green chilies, ginger, and turmeric.
- Sauté for a couple of mins
- Add peas, garam masala and salt.
- Cook until peas are soft.
- Add potatoes, coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Turn off the flame and let cool.
- Fill in the samosa sheets to make triangular samosas.
- Seal edges with water.
- Deep fry until crisp golden.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite dip.