2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp. Cumin (Zeera)
4 tbsp. Ghee\Oil
½ tsp. Saltor acc. to taste
For Kneading Water
1 lb Potatoes
3\4 tsp. Turmeric Powder
1 1\4 tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1 1\4 tbsp. Cumin (Zeera)Crushed
2 tbsp. Green ChiliesChopped
2 tbsp. Fresh CorianderChopped
2 tbsp. Oil
For Frying Oil
These delicious spicy and savory Aloo Samosas are popular Pakistani street snacks. A flaky samosa pastry is filled with a perfectly spiced and savory potato filling and deep fried on medium-low until crisp n golden. These delicious crispy and flaky Aloo Samosas makes an ideal tea-time snack.
Here’s the recipe for these delicious homemade Aloo Samosas;
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, cumin seeds, salt, ghee.
- Add water and knead to a smooth dough.
- Let rest for an hour.
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes.
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Add red pepper flakes, coriander seeds, cumin and turmeric.
- Sauté for a couple of mins.
- Add mashed potatoes.
- Sauté for 4-5 mins.
- Add chopped coriander and green chilies.
- Let cool.
- Make small dough balls.
- Roll out each ball to an oval-shaped sheet.
- Cut horizontally into 2 from the middle.
- Place a tbsp. of potato filling in the middle.
- Fold into a samosa shape and seal edges with water.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the dough.
- Deep fry on medium-low flame until crisp and golden.
- Serve with ketchup or chutney.