½ kg Daal MasoorSoaked
1 lit. Water
2 tbsp. Red Chili Powder
1 tsp. Saltor acc. to taste
3 Cloves GarlicSliced
3-4 Dried Red chilies
½ Cup Oil
A super simple easy-to-prepare very common and famous staple food of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. This toothsome protein packed lentil cooked until soft and tempered with fried onions, garlic and whole red chilies is best served with plain boiled Rice or crispy Parathas.
Here’s the recipe for this delicious and comforting Masoor Daal with Chawal;
- In a pan, add water, Daal Masoor, red chili powder, salt and 2 garlic cloves.
- Let simmer and cook on low flame until tender and water dries.
- Sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Add water accordingly to adjust the consistency.
- Let simmer for 5 mins.
- In a separate pan, heat oil.
- Add onions, 2 chopped garlic and whole red chilies.
- Fry until golden.
- Pour onto the prepared daal.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice.