1 Cup Yogurt
1 tbsp. GarlicChopped
½ tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp. Cumin (Zeera)
½ tsp. Salt
2 Green ChiliesChopped
3 tbsp. Lemon juice
2 tbsp. Oil
A Punjab (region of the Indian sub-continent) originated cuisine made from roasted Eggplants and a blend of Indian spices. This scrumptiously flavorsome and succulent Baingan Bharta with that smoky aroma and flavor serves as a remarkable side dish during a feast.
Here’s the recipe for this appetizingly flavorful and toothsome Baingan Bharta;
- Bake eggplants in the oven until tender (or grill on flame).
- Let cool, peel, and mash.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add onion, crushed red chili, and salt.
- Sauté and add mashed eggplants.
- Turn off the flame and add cumin and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle some chopped green chilies and coriander.
- Serve with chapatis.