1 Kg Mutton/Beef
½ kg Medium Potatoescut into 4 pieces
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Pepper Powder
2 tbsp Coriander Powder
3 Medium Onionsthin sliced
½ Cup Oil
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
5-6 Black peppercorns
1-2 Black Cardamom
1 & ½ tsp Saltor acc. to taste
3-4 Green Chilieschopped
An all-time favorite Pakistani, Indian, and Bangladeshi cuisine has its origins in North India. This appetizingly toothsome Aloo Gosht combines succulent pieces of tender meat (mutton, beef, lamb) with potatoes, all cooked in a flavorful spicy stew-like gravy. This recipe is a true delight for meat lovers and provides a perfect harmony of flavors.
Here’s the recipe for this wholesome succulent and savory Aloo Gosht;
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry onions until golden brown.
- Remove from oil.
- Blend fried onions with green chilies and ginger garlic.
- Add the onion paste to the same oil.
- Add salt, red pepper powder, turmeric, and coriander powder.
- Simmer for a couple of mins.
- Add mutton\beef and cook until water dries off and oil separates.
- Add 3 glasses of water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let cook on low flame until meat tenderizes.
- Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Adjust the consistency of gravy accordingly.
- Sprinkle on some freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with plain rice or naan.