1 kg BrinjalsCut into 4 length wise
3 tsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Cup Yogurt
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
1 tsp. CuminRoasted and Crushed
1 tsp. Coriander SeedsRoasted and Crushed
4-5 Green Chilies
1 Cup Fresh CorianderChopped
2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
½ Cup Oil
An amazingly delicious Vegetarian version of the famous Indo-Pak cuisine that is noted for its piquant flavor.
Baingan Karahi, is a tomato based gravy cooked with soft mushy Eggplants in a wok and simmered with some dried and crushed fenugreek leaves, fresh green chilies and sliced ginger.
This incredibly fragrant and toothsome Baingan Karahi is worth every bite and a remarkable vegetarian dish to be served during a feast.
Here’s the recipe for this appetizingly toothsome Baingan Karahi;
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry onions until golden.
- Add tomatoes and ginger garlic paste.
- Sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Add red chili powder, salt, cumin and coriander seeds.
- Sauté for a couple of mins.
- Add brinjals, yogurt and lemon juice.
- Let simmer and cook until brinjals are soft and oil separates.
- Add green chilies and let simmer for 1-2 mins.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander.
- Serve with chapatis or rice.