½ kg Karela (Bitter Gourd)
½ kg Onions
2 (Medium) TomatoesChopped
1 tsp. GarlicChopped
7-8 Dried Red chiliesCrushed
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
4 tbsp. Salt
1\4 Cup Oil
This super nutritious vegetable with a lot of health benefits and a slightly bitter taste makes it unique yet incredibly beneficial. If worked on properly, this unique veg can be made super delicious and flavorful.
Here’s the recipe for this amazingly delicious and toothsome Karelay ki Bhujia;
- Slice Bitter Gourds (Karelay).
- Let marinate with salt for half an hour.
- Rinse with water 2-3 times and strain.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry rinsed Bitter Gourds (Karelay) until golden.
- Remove from oil and mix with lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- In the same oil.
- Add onions and fry until light brown.
- Add garlic, red chilies, and turmeric powder.
- Sauté for a min.
- Add fried bitter gourds (karelay).
- Sauté and add tomatoes.
- Let cook on medium flame until tomatoes soften.
- Sauté for 2 mins.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt and chapatis.