½ kg Karela (Bitter Gourd)
½ kg Onions
2 (Medium) TomatoesChopped
1 tsp. GarlicChopped
7-8 Dried Red chiliesCrushed
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
4 tbsp. Salt
1\4 Cup Oil
This super nutritious vegetable with a lot of health benefits and a slight bitter taste makes it a unique yet incredibly beneficial. If worked on properly, this unique veg can be made super delicious and flavorful.
Here’s the recipe for this amazingly delicious and toothsome Karelay ki Bhujia;
- Slice Bitter Gourds (Karelay).
- Let marinate with salt for half an hour.
- Rinse with water 2-3 times and strain.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry rinsed Bitter Gourds (Karelay) until golden.
- Remove from oil and mix with lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- In the same oil.
- Add onions and fry until light brown.
- Add garlic, red chilies and turmeric powder.
- Sauté for a min.
- Add fried bitter gourds (karelay).
- Sauté and add tomatoes.
- Let cook on medium flame until tomatoes soften.
- Sauté for 2 mins.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt and chapatis.