250 gms Red Kidney Beans
2 (Small) OnionsFinely Sliced
3 (Medium) TomatoesPureed
2 tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
3-4 Green ChiliesChopped
1/4 tsp. Coriander Powder
½ tsp. Cumin (Zeera)
1 tsp. Red Chili Powder
½ Cup YogurtWhisked
4 tbsp. Oil
1 tsp. Salt(or acc. to taste)
A North Indian-originated dish also known as Rajma is slow-cooked until soft. This super flavorful and delicious Red Beans Curry is cooked with spices in a tomato-based gravy and served hot with plain boiled rice. This super healthy, succulent n toothsome protein-packed Red Bean Curry is an absolute comfort food.
Here’s the recipe for this toothsome and healthy Lal Lobia/Rajma (Red Bean Curry);
- Soak Rajma/Beans overnight.
- Pressure cook soaked beans until soft.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and cumin
- Fry until the onions are golden.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Sauté for 4-5 mins or until oil separates.
- Add boiled rajma/beans along with water.
- Let cook for 15-20 mins on low flame.
- Sprinkle sliced green chilies and chopped coriander.
- Let simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve hot with boiled rice or chapatis.