6 Mutton Payagoat trotters
½ Cup Oil
4 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1\4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Pepper Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tbsp Green chili paste
1½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
Saltacc. to taste
A Persian-originated traditional Indo-Pak cuisine is basically mutton feet cooked with a blend of spices.
This slow-cooked super flavorsome and nutritious Mutton Paya is served to guests on festivals, get-togethers, or even occasions.
This hearty, rich, and super flavorsome gravy with gelatinous fat, juicy bones, and marrow melting through is an ideal meal during the winter season.
Here’s the recipe for this super flavorsome and delicious Mutton Paya;
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add onions and fry until golden.
- Add washed paya (totters).
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, and coriander powder.
- Saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add 1 1⁄2 liters of water.
- Boil and let cook on slow flame for 4-5 hrs.
- Add garam masala.
- Let simmer on low flame for 5 mins.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and julienne-cut ginger.
- Serve hot with naan.