Special Karahi Masala
125 gms Kashmiri lal mirch
125 gms Whole Red chillies
1 tsp Mace
2 tsp Cumin (Zeera)
3-4 Star anise
8-10 Green Cardamoms
4 tbsp Coriander seeds (Sabut Dhaniya)
500 gms Mutton
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
½ Cup Oil
½ tsp Dry Fenugreek leaves
250 gms Yogurt
1 inch Ginger
Saltacc. To taste
5-6 Green ChilliesChopped
5 Green Chilliesfinely chopped
2 tsp Special Karahi Masala
A famous Indo-Pak cuisine noted for its spicy taste. A tomato-based gravy cooked with Mutton in a wok until meat is tender and then simmered with some dried and crushed fenugreek leaves, fresh green chilies, and sliced ginger.
This incredibly fragrant and toothsome Mutton Karahi is worth every bite.
Here’s the recipe for this incredibly toothsome Mutton Karahi;
For Special Karahi Masala
- Dry roast all the spices.
- Grind to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Can be used as a spicy curry masala for other dishes.
For Mutton Karahi
- Boil mutton until tender.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add mutton.
- Fry on high heat until the color turns brown.
- Add chopped green chilies and garlic ginger paste.
- Fry well for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk and add yogurt to the mutton.
- Add salt and special karahi masala.
- Cook on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add fenugreek leaves and whole green chilies.
- Cook until oil separates.
- Garnish with ginger slices and serve hot with tandoori naans.